Saturday, April 18, 2015

And so it goes.....

I've been stealing moments here and there to visit as many of the LYA blogs as possible.  I'm just blown away by the creativity, the heartfelt sharing of talent and appreciation, the beauty of the images (with some humor thrown in to keep us smiling...)  I've left a few comments and received several back - thanks all!

And out of the blue yesterday I received this cool card from Nora in Kalispell, Montana.  It isn't part of the Liberate Your Art swap but was sent as a thank you for another swap I did recently through Karen Isaacson's Mail Me Some Art blog.

Please click for a larger image

Unfortunately, Nora did not include an email or snail mail address so I can't thank her for this clever use of repurposed cardboard packaging, the sunglasses washi tape, and words both stamped letter by letter and cut from maybe a magazine?

When I first started blogging I had just moved to a new town and was newly retired.  I missed my old friends and the camaraderie of the workplace.  The virtual friends I made were wonderful!  But as I became acquainted with nearby flesh-and-blood friends that I could actually go to movies or have dinner with, the blogging fell a bit by the wayside.  It had worried me a bit that I was spending so much time on the computer.

Then a few months ago, I began trading postcards through Postcrossing.  This lead, through the magic of hyperlinks, to Karen's MMSA and also to Kat's LYA site. And the rest, they say, is history.

Well settled with plenty of new local friends and cyber pals as well, I've decided it's good to have a balance of both.

Hope you have a  "Blue Duck" in your day today!!







No comments:

Post a Comment